Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hooked In...

So I've spent the better part of my day watching the Women's College World Series (which I've been hooked on for years), but I also spent it in anticipation of the phenomenon known as Kimbo Slice fighting in prime time on CBS.  Little did I know that I would be in for a treat in the four fights leading up to the main event.  To think, game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final was on tonight too, and I barely watched it because this MMA show completely hooked me in.  It also helped that Crush from American Gladiators was fighting tonight and ended up blasting her opponent.  As I type this blog, I just watched Kimbo come from the agony of defeat to win by TKO in the final round.  He has that Mike Tyson-type ability to capture an audience without the sideshow antics, not to mention he could knock you out cold just by looking at you (this dude is BIG!!).  Anyway, if you didn't watch any of the fights tonight, I recommend checking out Youtube (I'm sure there'll be clips on there within the next 24 hours) to see for yourself.  Until next time...

No comments: